An open bar is a common source of disagreement between couples.
While people prefer to keep their wedding reception fun, they also don’t want to expose anybody to too much booze.
Couples may prefer an alcohol-free event for several reasons, such as budget restraint or the lifestyle preferences of their wedding guests.
Mocktails replicate the taste of liquor sans the alcohol, making them a good alternative to alcoholic beverages.
They are also very versatile and age-inclusive, so here are 12 mocktails with recipe instructions your wedding should have.
- Mocktails with Recipe Instructions for Your Wedding
- 1. Blue Shoe Mocktail or Something Blue Mocktail
- 2. Cuddles on the Beach Mocktail
- 3. The Moscow Mule
- 4. Cucumber Mojito Mocktail
- 5. Pink Champagne Mocktail
- 6. Sparkling Rosemary Limeade
- 7. Grove Herbal Delight Mocktail
- 8. Tom Collins Mocktail
- 9. Sparkling Citrus Pomegranate Mocktail
- 10. Non-Alcoholic Sangria Mocktail
- 11. Applepom Fizz Mocktail
- 12. Fizzy Basil Lemonade Mocktail
- FAQs About Drinks for Weddings
- Including Mocktails on Your Wedding Day
Mocktails with Recipe Instructions for Your Wedding
Make a toast to everyone on your wedding day without getting toasted.
Whip yourself up a mocktail version of your favorite drink, as the following delicious drinks are bold and bursting with flavor:
1. Blue Shoe Mocktail or Something Blue Mocktail
The color blue gives any drink an eclectic vibe. This interesting drink can turn heads, making your guests want more.
What a creative way to add color to that toast, right?
- Three ounces Polar Blast Hawaiian Punch
- Two ounces white cranberry juice
2. Cuddles on the Beach Mocktail
Have you ever had “Sex On The Beach“? If you have, it might be time to consider a sweeter take of that drink.
Cuddles on the Beach is drowning in fruity taste. With this drink, we guarantee you that alcohol won’t be missed.
- Three ounces cranberry juice
- Three ounces white grapefruit juice
- Two ounces peach nectar
3. The Moscow Mule
Typically made with vodka, this gingery drink gives you a kick like no other.
The Moscow Mule is a refreshing drink that can be reinvented with club soda and non-alcoholic beer.
Give this twist a try, as it’s simple to make!
- One to two tablespoons of lime juice
- One tablespoon of simple syrup
- 1/4 cup club soda
- Three to four mint leaves
- 3/4 cup non-alcoholic ginger beer
4. Cucumber Mojito Mocktail
Summer weddings scream for mojitos! Quench your guests’ thirst with this non-alcoholic version of the all-time favorite, mojito.
- One ounce of fresh lime juice
- Four to five mint leaves
- Sweetener of choice
- One to two slices of cucumber without seeds
- 1/4 cup club soda or sparkling water or ginger ale
5. Pink Champagne Mocktail
The fun fizz and bubbles of champagne make it a wedding staple. This drink is a fancy blend of ginger ale and fruit juice in a glass.
- 3.2 oz ginger ale
- 2.3 oz cranberry juice
- 2.3 oz pineapple juice
- 0.6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
6. Sparkling Rosemary Limeade
Store this drink in swing-top bottles and have yourself a vintage-inspired summer affair like no other.
These healthy mocktails have the right zing and zest to them for a spring or summer wedding.
- One ounce lime juice
- Sugar to taste
- Lime peels
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Six ounces sparkling water
7. Grove Herbal Delight Mocktail
Do any four words sound more delectable? We think not.
Garnish this drink with oranges for an outdoor spring wedding.
This drink is definitely on the top of mocktail recipes your wedding should have.
- One ounce grove
- One ounce of simple syrup
- A splash of orange juice
- Top with club soda
- Garnish with orange
8. Tom Collins Mocktail
Make this mocktail a staple on your wedding day, and you will surely have a killer reception!
- Ritual’s non-alcoholic gin
- Simple syrup: 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup of sugar
- One to two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Top with club soda
- Garnish with lemon
9. Sparkling Citrus Pomegranate Mocktail
This mocktail is festive and colorful as it is tasty. It’s a refreshing drink that hits all the right notes.
We recommend you use this Athletic Brewing’s sparkling water to highlight those zesty flavors.
- Two ounces 100% pomegranate juice
- One ounce freshly squeezed orange juice or high-quality orange juice
- 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- Two ounces of sparkling water or seltzer
- Ice, for serving
10. Non-Alcoholic Sangria Mocktail
Traditionally a fruit-infused wine, this mocktail does not diminish the original flavor of grape juice and citrus.
Having this drink at a beach wedding is a must.
- Grape juice (white or red)
- Sparkling water
- Cranberry juice or orange juice
- Chopped fruit (grapes, peaches, tangerines, oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries)
- Garnish with fresh citrus slices and chopped herbs
11. Applepom Fizz Mocktail
Put those mason jars into use by making this Applepom Fizz Mocktail.
This drink has a beautiful blend of bold flavors that orchestrate well on anybody’s palate. Everybody will keep coming back for more!
Ingredients for the Pomegranate Syrup
- Pomegranate juice
- Fresh ginger
- Cinnamon stick
- Maple syrup
Ingredients for the Mocktail
- Sparkling apple cider
- Club soda
- Pomegranate syrup
- Garnish with thinly-sliced apple
12. Fizzy Basil Lemonade Mocktail
Lemonade by itself is already a southern staple charm. This bubbly version of a classic beverage contains herbs and seltzer.
- Two tablespoons of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 glass of lemonade
- Top with seltzer
- Garnish with fresh slices of lemon and a sprig of fresh basil
FAQs About Drinks for Weddings
The mocktails with recipe tutorials above are perfect for your wedding guests, especially on a lovely evening.
Non-alcoholic wedding mocktails are just as fun as their distilled counterparts without the guilt.
That said, here are a few questions that people also ask when considering mocktails for their wedding:
1. What is the most popular drink at a wedding?
Wine is easily a wedding staple, as it resonates with class and is well-fitting to a formal occasion such as a wedding.
Wines can be white, red, or sparkling. It also has great health benefits. It is advisable to purchase a bottle for every two people.
2. What is the best mocktail to order?
Mocktails have been around for quite some time now. Here are some cult favorites in no particular order:
- Virgin Mojito
- Virgin Bloody Mary
- Shirley Temple
- Arnold Palmer
- Non-Alcoholic Moscow Mule
- Roy Rogers
- Virgin Piña Colada
- Non-Alcoholic Gin and Tonic
3. What are some classy drinks?
Do you have a lounge where guests can chill and relax? Here are classy drinks that have been a favorite among generations that you can serve:
- Old Fashioned
- Moscow Mule
- Dark & Stormy
- Gin and Tonic
- Vieux Carré
Including Mocktails on Your Wedding Day
Mocktail drinks are easy and fun to make. They are best done with fresh fruits and herbs that will make the flavors of the drink more pronounced and bold.
Mocktails aren’t just the perfect summer refresher. They also allow wedding guests to have a good time without the guilt of intoxication.
So argue about the open bar no longer and consider serving delectable mocktails.